Welcome!

Welcome!



I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.





"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."





Thursday, September 20, 2012

What a wonderful day, only 295km (183 miles) to go!

Today was just awesome, we finally broke out of the flatlands and roads, we walked in the beauty of Spain. Today we walked 32km (19-20 miles) through rolling hills and farmland, such a nice break from the flat roads the last few days to Santiago. We have been sharing our path with a very nice pilgrim, his name is Peter and he is from Ireland. He speaks perfect English and he is a blast to walk with, here´s the kicker, he is 70 years old! We have all laughed so much over the last three days and shared many meals, he is part of our Camino family now and I am sure we will walk into Santiago together! Today we walked from Leon, very beautiful but very busy but I really prefer the smaller towns, to Villavante. Villavante is a small town (the little market is only open in the morning) and they just built a new albergue last year, it is beautiful, what a wonderful accomodation! Carmen runs the albergue and all you ever experience is smiles and warmth from her. I am having the pilgrims dinner here, it already smells so good, I will have a salad, fish and potatoes, and watermelon for desert, life is good after a long walk. Many of our Camino friends are here also, it will be a fun night! Buen Camino, Al.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 










3 comments:

  1. Are you using your tablet or cell phone to access the internet? Or are you using computers at the hostels or internet cafes?? Just wondering how you are keeping up with your emails, facebook, etc. Gayle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle, I could not get the tablet to work right in Spain so I am just using the computers in the albergues when they have them. You pay for 20 or 40 minutes of use, most are really slow but the one last night worked great and had a card reader.

      Delete
  2. loved seeing the pictures! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete