Welcome!

Welcome!



I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.





"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."





Monday, September 3, 2012

I´m back!

I had a bit of a time getting access to the internet. My tablet isn´t working so well so I will just use the internet when I can find it. Ok, so what an incredible journey so far, so many nice and helpful people, at times I am totally lost but it all works out. I started the walk at Saint Jean Pied de Port and crossed the Pyrenes (sp), it was a 1450m elevation gain in 20km, quite the hike but very beautiful. Stayed in Roncesvalles that night then moved on to Zubiri where I got an awesome bed, it was about 22km. Today I wanted to walk a little farther from Zubiri and went to Cizar Menor, about 26 km. What a beautiful hike so far and I have many Camino friends already. :) Buen Camino! PS: I´m trying to post images but it´s not in English and I don´t want to erase my card.


 
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey AL it is great to hear that all is going well with your walk. Just wanted you to know that we are following you.
    Bob & Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Al! So proud of you! You made it across seas and are now hiking! I bet it's an awesome experience! I am so glad you are doing this and that you are safe and sound!
    Thinking of your journey!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Al! Go Al! Love the stories and you are inspiring us to do this great journey one day. Valdez, Marie, and Alani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, such an awesome feeling knowing you are walking with me. I only wish I could post some pictures of this awesome country and the wonderful people. I wasn´t planning on this being a spiritual journey but it is becoming one.
    Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete