Welcome!

Welcome!



I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.





"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."





Friday, September 28, 2012

I´m in Portomarin, 4 days to Santiago, very mixed emotions.

Hola, we are so close to Santiago now, it has been 28 days of walking, pain at times, elation at times, a very close union for many of us. Today was different because we joined many walkers who started in Sarria, to get your compostella you only need to walk 100km so many people have joined our journey today. I have met so many nice people, people who will be with me and walk with me forever! The last two days I have shared my path with Peter, he really wants to walk into Santiago together and I would be honored for sure. At 70 years of age he walks so strong, I am humbled to share the Camino with him. Last night I needed to get a new pilgrims credential, mine is almost full and it looks very cool. So I went to the Monastary in Sarria, so welcoming, after I got a new credential I was told to go to the arch of the church and pull the rope, it will ring a bell and someone will let me in the church and courtyard. I pulled the rope, waited for a few minutes and received the most warm welcome yet! I walked into paradise, the courtyard was beautiful, the church was amazing, I had a very emotional moment in the church. I have so many things to be thankful for, so many times I have been blessed in my life and I didn´t realize it. I guess this walk has awakened me, I am so blessed! Time to go join my Camino friends for dinner, we are cooking our own communal meal, life is so good! Buen Camino.





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment