Welcome!
Welcome!
I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.
I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.
"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Finally, I can post again!
It has been several days days since I have found internet access, I am having such a fun adventure, it is an amazing journey. My walks are not pain free, the feet and blisters hurt for me and many others, I feel so blessed for all the encouragement from my Camino friends. Just when you feel down someone picks you up and you walk on.
This is day 16 in our guide but day 15 of of our hike, I´m not walking alone anymore, I have thought and worked out the things I needed to deal with so now it is just a walk to have fun and learn. There is only one internet computer at our albergue so I have to be quick to share with others, it is the Camino way. :)
I have rejoined Snake ( aka Larry ) and we are going to walk along with Christina to Santiago, it was time for me to find a family again. The walks go much faster and with much less pain when you share it with a friend, many smiles and many jokes.
I´m not sure where I left off but I will start from Ages, the walk from Ages to Burgos to was only 22km, a nice break and an easy walk.. Burgos is huge! It took 3km just to get through town and find the Albergue in Burgos, the albergue was nice and it was 100 meters from Santa Maria Catedral. I toured the Catedral, what an incredible experience, as soon as you entered the doors you got a true chill, someone was with you. I took over 100 pictures from inside the Catedral to share, very amazing. I attended mass that night, very emotional time for me, I´m in love with the Camino.
The next day was from Burgos to Hontanas, 32km, a long hot walk. We had a wonderful night, some new friends Jacob and James had a guitar and 3 of my Camino friends could play and sing. In this small town we had a wonderful sing along and great kindship, it was a Camino moment for sure and I took great videos to share.
Yesterday was from Hontanas to Boadilla, it was 27km but one of my toughest days for hiking. At the end of the day I thought I could not walk any longer, we walked into Bodilla and it was deserted. The first two albergues were closed and the whole town was deserted, I´m thinking I cannot walk another step, so on we walked on to the next albergue. We came to a large brick arch with double gates, then it happened, we walked into paradise, beautiful green grass, a swimming pool, beautiful statues, and we recieved the most beautiful welcome ever. It was wonderful, so different and so welcoming, it truly was an emotional and physical rejouvenating (sp) experience. Great food and great bed and shower.
Today we walked from Boadilla to Carrion De Los Condes, 26.5km, we are at a albergue that is run by others that have walked the Camino as well, so welcoming, I feel very blessed for sure.
I need to share the internet so I will say goodbye for now, thank you for walking with me.
Buen Camino my friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alberto! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome adventure step by step with us. I can't imagine the sights you must be seeing and experiencing. Glad you have some Camino friends to take it all in with. Are they both from the U.S. too? Can't wait to see pictures and video when you get back. Be safe and take care of those feet!
ReplyDeleteValdez, Marie, and Alani
Yes, Bob also says take care of your feet, because you know you are immuno-suppressed from your arthritis drugs. I, on the other hand, want to know why your friend is called "Snake." Keep on blogging! Gayle
ReplyDeleteSnake has his nickname because he worked in a nuclear plant and to keep visitors where they needed to be to be safe he told them snakes were in the off limits places. (very condensed story, lol)
ReplyDelete