Welcome!
Welcome!
I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.
I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.
"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Six days, 133.9km (83.2 miles), I will arrive in Santiago.
Hola!
I can´t believe it has been 26 days of walking, all the towns and villages become a blur with time, the names of many towns forgotten but never the people or my encounters with others.
It has been quite a while since I have been able to post, the walk has taken me to many more remote villages in the mountains, I love those places, just peaceful hiding spots away from it all. I have not had internet access for a while so my blog was a little lame, I added many photos today, I hope you enjoy them.
Since my last post I believe I have traveled about 100km to Triacastela, the weather has been a huge challenge for us all, especially for those who chose the mountain path as I did. On Sunday we got rained on for about 3/4 of the day, it was cold and wet but we survived with a little afternoon sun. Then on Monday it was cloudy, cold, and windy but no rain (yay), yesterday we were totally drenched all day. We were high in the mountains and it was cold, miserable, and wet, imagine 70 beds, 70 wet people, all in one room. There were many bunkbeds with railings serving as clotheslines, quite the smell. lol
Today´s hike was very cold and windy, I think I´m glad to be out of the Galician mountains for a while, we were lucky, just cold and windy today but no rain.
I´ll add photos later,
Buen Camino!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Al, Besides old retired guys like you, what is the make-up of the trekers? From the pics, it looks pretty diverse.
ReplyDeleteWayne, such a huge mix of ages and countries, we really are one family. I have shared days walks, dinners, and albergues with everyone, it is a huge cool family! I am in love with the Camino!
ReplyDelete