Welcome!

Welcome!



I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.





"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."





Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 11, it is so inspiring to see all these Pilgrims!

Life is becoming so simple while on the Camino, my biggest challenge the last few days has been finding a rubber sink stopper to make washing laundry easier in the albergues that don´t have plastic wash basins. You would not believe how hard it is to find one, when I do find one I will protect it from loss. lol There are so many people walking, a young woman and her older mother, both sharing the Camino at a slow pace, a family of four, two adults and two small children, very old people you would never think to walk the Camino. Everyday I ignore the pain of my feet and blisters, just inspired by others daily givings. I had a wonderful dinner last night at my albergue, homemade red bean soup, 2 thin slices of pork loin and french fries, and then for desert I had fruit, very good. Today I broke away from the guide book list of stages and where to stay, it was very crowded at all the places and a bit of a rat race to get a bed, take a shower, wash your clothes, shop for the next day, etc. So today I stayed in Ages, it is a very cool small town, I got to take a shower without rushing because there were no others waiting, do my wash with no one around, life is so good! Tomorrow it is on to Burgos and I think I will do a layover day and let my feet heal before the next walks. Burgos is the largest city on the Camino path, it is a very sacred city with much to see, I´m anxious to explore for sure. I have seen some photos of the city and it is beautiful, I feel so bad everyday I can´t share my pictures. Todays hike was long and over roads with many stones, your feet take a beating so I was glad to take off my boots and put on sandels. My albergue is awesome and I will have the pilgrims dinner with everone tonight, it´s always fun to try and talk or communicate when you have a language barrier. I walked from Belorado to Ages today, about 28 km (17.5 miles), I am very glad I did the extra 3 km to get to Ages, it is so relaxed here. Thanks for walking with me, Buen Camino!


 
 







 
 
 
 
 







 



 












 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






2 comments:

  1. It is inspiring to hear about all the people and encounters you have had on your camino walk. Thanks for the wonderful posts and take care of those feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dinner of homemade bean soup, pork loin and frieds sounds scrumptious. Can't wait to hear about adventures in Burgos.

    ReplyDelete