Ok so I have to be true, this was a very boring and hot hike over terrible terrain. lol We did 26.8km (16.7 miles) today but it was a pretty uneventful experience. I cranked up the MP3 player and booked on the trail today, I have to say the sunrise was another keeper though, I took many pictures. My Camino friend and I arrived at the albergue in Terradillos to find they only had one bed left, I didn´t care for the albergue staff so I told Larry to take the bed and I would move on. He didn´t take what we thought was the last bed in town so on we went, we found another albergue that was very welcoming and very nice, the Camino does provide, I am loving every moment. We have a nice room with four beds in our room and our own bathroom, very nice. Jacob and John (the guitar guys) are our room mates, this will be another fun night for sure. I think I have forgotten to mention how wonderful the church bells sound, every town no matter how small has a church and the bells always chime! In Burgos just before mass the church bells went crazy for a long time, it was almost too loud! It is so cool to experience all this solitude, I don´t remember if I posted about the helicopter, after 13 days I heard and saw my first one, you tend to forget how tranquil just walking is. I stood on a freeway overpass yesterday and watched all the cars racing by, I was thinking they were going way to fast, how will I drive again. One of the biggest conversation pieces on the Camino is how will I ever fit back into society back home again. Nite my friends, Buen Camino.
Welcome!
Welcome!
I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.
I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.
"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Carrion de los Condes to Terradillos de Templarios!
Ok so I have to be true, this was a very boring and hot hike over terrible terrain. lol We did 26.8km (16.7 miles) today but it was a pretty uneventful experience. I cranked up the MP3 player and booked on the trail today, I have to say the sunrise was another keeper though, I took many pictures. My Camino friend and I arrived at the albergue in Terradillos to find they only had one bed left, I didn´t care for the albergue staff so I told Larry to take the bed and I would move on. He didn´t take what we thought was the last bed in town so on we went, we found another albergue that was very welcoming and very nice, the Camino does provide, I am loving every moment. We have a nice room with four beds in our room and our own bathroom, very nice. Jacob and John (the guitar guys) are our room mates, this will be another fun night for sure. I think I have forgotten to mention how wonderful the church bells sound, every town no matter how small has a church and the bells always chime! In Burgos just before mass the church bells went crazy for a long time, it was almost too loud! It is so cool to experience all this solitude, I don´t remember if I posted about the helicopter, after 13 days I heard and saw my first one, you tend to forget how tranquil just walking is. I stood on a freeway overpass yesterday and watched all the cars racing by, I was thinking they were going way to fast, how will I drive again. One of the biggest conversation pieces on the Camino is how will I ever fit back into society back home again. Nite my friends, Buen Camino.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HI Al, Just catching up on your fantastic voyage. I hadn't checked your blog for several days and was excited to see all your posts, as well as the comments from your friends and followers.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your adventure. You must be having such an amazing, life-changing experience.
Reading your posts makes me nostalgic for the brief time I spent in Germany. It sounds very similar.. . the small towns, friendly people, the slower pace of life in general. And the history! What an experience it must be for you, visiting villages, structures, and cultures that were already centuries old before the US even existed.
Enjoy your journey and please let me know when the party is. I don't know if I can make it, but I would love to be there.
Buen Camino, Mi amigo
Al, It was good to see you posts again. After a few days of nothing, I was begining to worry that you got hijacked or injured! I too was awed by the cathedrals in Europe. Such long history.
ReplyDeleteAl, I was reading your post just now and thinking about that Hemingway book The Sun Also Rises. It's about this World War I vet and his pals heading down to Spain to hang out and enjoy the relaxed pace of life. The towns, the countryside, everything. Sounds like where you are not much has changed since the Spain of the 1920s. Too cool. Glad you found some shelter, beds, and were able to share it.
ReplyDeleteV
this journey is life altering, I wished so much you could all share it, you really do fall in love with the Camimo and the Camino lifestyle. There are no worries on the Camino, I know it sounds hard to believe but the Camino always provides.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are having such a wonderful time.You said the Camino always provides, but actually AL I think it's GOd who is providing and because life is simple and you take time to enjoy the beauty of your surroundings and people, you are constantly feeling his presence! I am so happy for you. A Rare experience for sure and I knew it would be one that was just for you! I am so thankful!
ReplyDeleteSherri, I know it´s way above me, life is so simple when you just walk, I don´t know how I will go home after experiencing this. I am happy and sad to reach Santiago.
ReplyDelete