Welcome!

Welcome!



I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.





"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."





Saturday, October 13, 2012

Muxia!

What a wonderful day and wonderful weather! My Camino is now complete, I am full, I have been blessed and my journey has ended. I am surprised that I am not sad at all, just filled with joy to have walked so far and shared in so many lives. I am blessed as I have gained so many friends from all over the world, our days together will not be forgotten, maybe we will share in future adventures?
Today was very special, viewing and feeling the Atlantic ocean, walking in the sun, walking in the sand, and believe it or not I ran into friends I have seen only once since we all started in St. Jean, we walked to the top of the mountain in Muxia together, a very special moment.
I am off to Santiago tomorrow for a little shopping and fun, then on to Madrid for a day, then home. I think I am ready for my own bed.
Thank you all for walking with me, peace and love from Spain!




 
 



 
 

 
 







 

 






 

 
 
 
 
 



 
 


2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, Al! You did it! I love the picture with you and your arms in the air in Victory! Way to go. I can't imagine what it must have been like when you got that first glimpse of blue, and then when you breathed in the salty air. So glad that you had such a moving, transformative, and fun journey. You deserve the best and it sounds like you got it.

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valdez! I had an adventure to cherish for sure, many friends and memories, I hope someday you will walk the Camino. Thanks for sharing my trip with me, take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete