Welcome!

Welcome!



I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.





"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."





Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cee, muy bonito!

Hi,
Well I have been trekking for a few days on my own towards Finisterre, life on the Camino is different now that my Camino friends have left for home. I walked from Santiago to Negreira, about 22km, then from Negreira to Olveiroa, about 33km, then from Olveiroa to Cee, about 19km. The walks the last two of my three days walking have been rain soaked, yesterday was very wet and today was very windy, cold, and damp. So far I have trekked from Santaigo to Cee, about 75km and had a nice surprise when I arrived in Cee, someone was yelling at me as I was searching for a place to stay. I thought Rachelle had left for home but there she was just loving the view of the ocean in Cee from the boardwalk, so nice to see a familiar face again. What a treat for sure, she shared what hotel she had stayed at, very reasonable rates and a nice break from albergue life, I am in heaven! Rachelle is heading back home this evening, safe travels Rachelle, I will miss you.
I can´t believe I am at the Atlantic ocean for the first time in my life and that I walked so far to find it. Cee is a beautiful port city, I am very anxious to explore it, then on to Finisterre, I have a shirt that needs to be burned in Finisterre for sure. lol
So tomorrow is a play day, sleep in day, yes I am on vacation now!
This is becoming hard to figure out. I went to a great eatery tonight, enjoyed watching soccer (Spanish version of football) while I ate, enjoyed a beer, then left and walked back to the hotel where I am staying. I walked past the hotel in search of the light I saw shining in the distance, it was nothing of interest. Then I saw a sign I thought might be a shop open at this late hour so I walked on again, the shop was closed but I noticed a beautiful fountain down a road towards town, so I walked to it, it was awesome at night. Before I new it I had walked through most of downtown Cee, it seems that once you start walking you just can´t stop, even after a hard day´s walk. I am wondering what will happen or how I will feel when I return home.
Buen Camino.




































 















No comments:

Post a Comment