I think I have shared how much I love the Galician staple, Galician Vegetable Soup, with everyone, it rocks! I was walking through Cee this evening and I came upon a hardware store that had vegetable seed packages in the window. I stopped in and between my bad Spanish, my translation guide, and the wonderful people of Spain, I learned what the local soup was made of. I now have packages of seeds that are the plants used to make the soup with, I hope customs will allow me to return home with them so next year it will be Galician soup on once my garden grows! I have had such a wonderful Camino, I am blessed!
Guess what, customs now has seeds for making Galician vegetable soup, oh well. The customs folks were great, I asked if they could cut the labels off of the packets so I would know what the plants are called and maybe find them when I get home, they said sure and gave me the labels. When I returned home I searched online for the plant seeds and I found one company that is able to import the seeds I wanted from Italy, my order is on it's way. :)
Here's what the soup looks like and it tastes even better than it looks!
No comments:
Post a Comment