Welcome!

Welcome!



I hope you enjoy following my journey through France and Spain while walking the path of St. James, the pilgrimage road to Santaigo de Compostela.





"Pilgrimage was and is a spiritual exercise in the form of a journey to a place believed to be made holy by a sacred event, or that possesses the relics of a holy person or object."





Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Packing, re-packing, Packing, re-packing!

This is pretty funny, I have packed and re-packed my gear so many times I'm lucky I bought good equipment or it would already be worn out. I'm down to taking wrappers off things just to lighten the pack a little, this is a whole new thing for me to walk 15 miles a day even with a lighter pack. I'm nursing some blisters from training while trying to break in new boots, the new boots and I are parting ways, I got way too many blisters. The first picture is of my "trimmed" down pack and gear, the second is of the stuff I knew I needed until I started walking with the pack, that stuff won't be coming with me this trip. The last picture is the pack/gear ready to go, 1 week and it's Camino on!





1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha I love the bit about wearing out your gear before you go. Cool pack! Looks very efficient. That last pic makes me wanna go!

    ReplyDelete